Possible terrorist attacks in Tunisia – Friday 26 May 2015
The interior ministry of Tunisia has told the BBC "a terrorist attack" is ongoing in the Tunisian resort town of Sousse. Details are still being confirmed.
It is possible that some of our customers may have been injured in the explosion. While the policy wordings have a terrorism exclusion, this exclusion does NOT apply to the Emergency Medical or Personal Accident sections of the policy. Any medical expenses incurred as a result of this bombing would therefore be covered.
For those customers who may be planning to travel they are advised to contact their travel agent, tour operator or airline in the first instance as your travel insurance policy does not cover under the Cancellation and Curtailment or Travel Delay Sections of the policy for terrorist attacks, or advice not to travel by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
The FCO has not currently issued a warning against travel to the Sousse area of Tunisia, but customers should monitor the situation before commencing travel https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tunisia. Should customers choose to travel after such a warning has been issued, the policy excludes cover for travelling against such advice.
Travel Insurance Cover
Our aim is to provide good travel insurance cover at competitive prices. We offer a range of policies to cover your needs and if you have any questions you can contact our friendly Customer Service team for help in understanding the different types of cover so that you may decide what is suitable for your particular requirements. Policies can be tailored to your chosen level of acceptable risk by reducing or increasing certain elements which you may decide are of lesser or greater importance when you buy holiday insurance.
Our travel insurance policies include:
- Up to £10 million medical cover
- Up to £2,000 cancellation cover
- Over 60 sporting activities
- Over 200 waived medical conditions
- Cover for up to 65 years of age on our policies
- Redundancy cover
Pre-existing Medical Condition?
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, do not worry, this doesn’t mean that you can’t buy holiday insurance. Our policies include:
- Over 200 waived medical conditions
- 24 hour Emergency Assistance
If you find that your pre-existing medical condition is not covered under the waved conditions list, then phone our friendly Customer Service Team free on 0800 091 2848 to discuss your travel insurance cover.
More than just holiday insurance cover
At 24DrTravel.com, we have assembled a comprehensive and informative selection of reference material for travellers. In addition to general information about popular resort destinations, such as the language spoken, currency used, type of power supply and safety of the water supply; you will find advice as to how to plan for your trip, health considerations and how to travel safely. There is information on common diseases encountered when holidaying overseas and the recommended types and timings for the various vaccinations and immunisations required for particular areas.
We want you to buy holiday insurance which you feel gives you good travel insurance cover for you and your holiday, so don't delay, get a quote now!
Book with Confidence
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- Secure online booking
Book with Security
Dr Travel Tips
- Before you travel you should call your bank and let them know where you are travelling and the dates of your trip to avoid bank card issues.
- If you are travelling on business and you only use your laptop when plugged in to the mains, remove the battery before you travel to reduce the weight.
- To reduce the effects of jetlag, a few days before you leave you should try to go to bed a little earlier if you are flying east and a little later if you are flying west.
- If you are off backpacking, a piece of advice that regularly floats about is that you should pack your bag, take it all out and put half back in.